Join Our Team
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Baltimore, MD
As a member of the Datastory Team, you’ll own projects big and small. You will participate in developing new solutions, applying our proprietary solutions for our customers and blending your particular talents and insights with those of the Datastory team.
- Self-starting. If you need a ton of direction, this role isn’t for you.
- Hardworking. We’re a lean team, we have huge goals, and we work hard.
- Experienced. Proficient in ArcGIS Desktop and Online with 2-4 years of GIS experience, we are interested in what you have done and most importantly, how well you did it.
- Willing to help wherever help is needed. “That’s not my job” isn’t part of your vocabulary.
- Obsessed with customer service. You think creatively and anticipate client needs, and deliver results that deepen our relationship with clients.
- An exceptional teammate. You contribute uniquely to a diverse team of hardworking professionals. You realize that we’re in this together.
- Be part of a small, high-horsepower team of developers, sales reps, and analysts.
- Contribute to every step of the process once a customer says “yes, we’re in”, from developing solutions to implementation and training.
- Participate meaningfully in our team process — attend meetings, coordinate with colleagues, be accountable to project demands and action items.
- Be a fast thinking problem solver with an excellent work ethic.
- Demonstrate a positive and outgoing disposition and professional appearance
- Be an ambassador and represent our business with pride.
- Care. We’re looking for someone who cares about our mission as much as we do.
Please email a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. In the body of your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in what we’re doing at Datastory?
- Describe the range of your GIS skills, with more detail on the things you do particularly well.
- What non-GIS skills do you possess that enhance your GIS work?
Job Type: Part-time (unpaid)
Location: Baltimore, MD
As an intern with Datastory, work alongside our team, learning how to provide data-driven insights to decision makers in business, government, and nonprofit organizations. Schedule is flexible but consistent for the duration of the internship. Must be able to work 12-20 hours per week.
As the GIS Intern, you will be given independent tasks that require basic knowledge of Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Online software. These include, but are not limited to:
- Geocoding address lists
- Altering the symbology and labels of layers
- Formatting map layouts into both PDF and interactive, online formats
- Performing market research and incorporating data and results.
- Editing feature classes
- Performing analyses in Esri Business Analyst
- Ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic and sharp attention to detail
- Basic experience with ArcGIS 10.x (at least one semester, preferably more) specifically with the following: Symbolizing, Labeling, Editing, Geocoding, Layout design, Joins and Relates
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other standard office software
Please send resume, references, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “INTERNSHIP”.