Join Our Team
Job Type: Part-time (unpaid)
Location: Baltimore, MD
As an intern with Datastory, work alongside our team, learning how to provide data-driven insights to decision makers in business, government, and nonprofit organizations. Schedule is flexible but consistent for the duration of the internship. Must be able to work 12-20 hours per week.
As the GIS Intern, you will be given independent tasks that require basic knowledge of Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Online software. These include, but are not limited to:
- Geocoding address lists
- Altering the symbology and labels of layers
- Formatting map layouts into both PDF and interactive, online formats
- Performing market research and incorporating data and results.
- Editing feature classes
- Performing analyses in Esri Business Analyst
- Ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic and sharp attention to detail
- Basic experience with ArcGIS 10.x (at least one semester, preferably more) specifically with the following: Symbolizing, Labeling, Editing, Geocoding, Layout design, Joins and Relates
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other standard office software
Please send resume, references, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “INTERNSHIP”.